FOURTH AMENDMENT TO LEASE
THIS FOURTH AMENDMENT TO LEASE (this Amendment) dated September 29, 2005 is executed by and between SYUFY ENTERPRISES, L.P., a California limited partnership
(Landlord), and CENTURY THEATRES, INC., a California corporation (Tenant).
WHEREAS, Landlord and Century Theatres of California, Inc. entered into a lease dated September 30, 1995, as amended by that certain First Amendment to Lease, dated October 1, 1996, between
Syufy Enterprises, L.P. and Century Theatres, Inc., a Delaware corporation (Century Theatres (DE)), and as further amended by that certain Second Amendment to Lease, dated September 1, 2000, between Syufy Enterprises, L.P.
and Century Theatres (DE), as further amended by that certain Third Amendment to Lease dated April 15, 2005 between Syufy Enterprises, L.P. and Century Theatres, Inc. (as amended, the Lease), for a motion picture building and
related parking (the Premises) located at 2875 Elba Street, Elba, California; capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Lease; and
WHEREAS, Century Theatres (DE) succeeded Century Theatres of California, Inc., as Tenant; and
Theatres (DE) assumed all obligations of Century Theatres of California, Inc., as set forth in the Lease; and
WHEREAS, Century Theatres, Inc., a California corporation, has succeeded Century Theatres (DE), as Tenant; and
WHEREAS, Century Theatres, Inc., a California corporation, has assumed all obligations of Century Theatres (DE), as set forth in the
WHEREAS, the parties desire now to amend the Lease to revise and clarify certain obligations between the parties,
as hereinafter provided;
Now, THEREFORE, the parties hereto mutually agree that the Lease shall be amended as follows:
A. Surrender; No Demolition Obligation
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Lease, upon the expiration or earlier termination of the Lease, Tenant shall have no obligation to demolish or pay Landlord to demolish the improvements
located on the Premises or to remove any surface debris therefrom.
1. This Amendment constitutes the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and all prior agreements,
representations, and understandings between the parties, whether oral or written, are deemed null, all of the foregoing having been merged into this Amendment.
2. This Amendment to Lease is hereby executed and shall be effective as of the date first written above. All other conditions of the Lease shall remain in full force and effect.
3. This Amendment shall bind and inure to the benefit of Landlord and Tenant and their respective legal representatives and successors
4. Each party hereby specifically represents and warrants that its execution of this Amendment has been duly
authorized by all necessary corporate or other action, and that this Amendment when fully signed and delivered shall constitute a binding agreement of such party, enforceable in accordance with its terms.
5. The parties acknowledge that each party and/or its counsel have reviewed and revised this Amendment and that no rule of construction
to the effect that any ambiguities are to be resolved against the drafting party shall be employed in the interpretation of this Amendment or any amendments or exhibits to this Amendment or any document executed and delivered by either party in
connection with this Amendment.